[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [signoff] bash 3.2.0330-1 and filesystem 2007.11-4

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:40:39 EST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 1:44 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> You still haven't looked at the issue with /usr/man/man* getting replaced by a symlink, which is not possible on a system where manpages are already installed.

But that can be covered at a later date. The actual "support" for this
is simply unsetting MANPATH. If a package installs man pages to
/usr/man/man1 it will still be looked up just fine.

The makepkg 3.1 will no longer move man pages to /usr/man, so I don't
think we should do any moving until that is out the door.

Could you explain to me how the symlink will help? It seems like, to
me, we're just going to confuse the crap out of pacman when it tries
to install/upgrade. With the current implementation, man pages will
work regardless of where they are.