[arch-dev-public] missing x86_64 packages

Varun Acharya ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:53:21 EST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 12:36 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2007 12:38 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> > notice: Missing deskbar-applet-2.20.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> > notice: Missing mplayer-plugin-3.50-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> > notice: Missing scim-pinyin-0.5.91-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
>
> We *are* a collective here. And it is a busy time of the year. I'm
> sure anyone can build these.
>
> If you want access to my build machine, send me a private email so I
> can give you credentials.
>
> That said, there's also these packages:
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html<http://dev.archlinux.org/%7Eandyrtr/pkg_diff.html>
>
> If not, I guess I will have to build them. sigh

Yes, I know were a collective, and I know we share the workload. That's why
I haven't taken on more packages myself, so that I can keep the reds in that
difflist down. Me and Eric build for community too by the way.

The reason why I asked about the missing packages is not to point fingers,
or not to pass the workload to someone else, but to know if there's a reason
for their absence in the ftp site. Thanks Jan and Alex for clearing this up
:)

Varun

P.S - We really need to push more TU's to use your build machine. I
fantasize someday where all TU's use your build machine.. and I don't have
to update a 100 MB texlive-fonts package I know nothing about. Perhaps a
front page news item saying such a build machine exists?