[arch-dev-public] will DVD size be the limit for our official repos?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Jul 11 15:04:57 EDT 2007

for x86_64 we now have

[andyrtr at server64 ~]$ du -sh /home/andyrtr/mirror/packages/extra/
3,6G    /home/andyrtr/mirror/packages/extra/
[andyrtr at server64 ~]$ du -sh /home/andyrtr/mirror/packages/current/
486M    /home/andyrtr/mirror/packages/current/

i686 is ~100MB bigger.

do we want to limit the amount of both repos to fit on a DVD
(singlelayer)? this might become hard as pkg size usually raises each
maybe we can go over that limit but would have keep out packages (e.g.
i18n) from DVD releases.