[arch-dev-public] switch to more up-to-date util-linux and kbd?

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 11:38:21 EDT 2007

Hi!

Today I've noticed a message in lkml about util-linux-ng.

A quote: "The util-linux-ng is a fork of the original util-linux
project. The goal of the util-linux-ng is a transparent and reliable
development that follows the Linux kernel and Linux distributions".

Home page: http://userweb.kernel.org/~kzak/util-linux-ng/
Highlights of the first release:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.utilities.util-linux-ng/347
Changes look interesting IMO.

On util-linux-ng news archive I've also found a thread about updated kbd:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.utilities.util-linux-ng/326
which can be obtained from there: ftp://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/people/legion/kbd/
(note that kbd.git is outdated compared to tarballs)

What do you think about this?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)