[arch-dev-public] An introduction to gooeydo

Phil Dillon-Thiselton dibblethewrecker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:32:41 EDT 2007

On 27/07/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/7/27, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch>:
> > Friday 27 July 2007, Phil Dillon-Thiselton wrote:
> >  | > one detail: how do you want this wrapper to work? the desktop
> >  | > files stay the same, right? or do you edit them to contain
> >  | > gooeydo instead of su/sudo/kdesu/.../?
> >  | The latter - I don't see how else we can do? James and I came up
> >  | with this one morning so I'm not saying it's the ultimate
> >  | solution, we could have overlooked plenty.
> >
> > true. i can only think of a stupid one: rename all su/sudo/... apps
> > and put instead links to your wrapper that is configrable and runs
> > the renamed desired one.

Well, I dunno how much you read but gooeydo is configurable on a per
user basis, using a simple config, the type of config admins could add
to skel and sleep soundly in there beds ;-)

> ha, cruel :)
> I think it would be OK if xorg-clients depend on gooeydo (though not
> 100% users will install xorg-clients).

It would have to be a depends, yes, but it's a tiny pkg, probably
barely 1k.  And, once you've installed it once it's there when you
need it.

Phil