[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [list at suppentopf.net: official mirror]

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:18:24 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Berendt <list at suppentopf.net>
Date: Jun 5, 2007 4:04 PM
Subject: [list at suppentopf.net: official mirror]
To: aaron at archlinux.org

Hi,

I have sent this mail to the pub-dev list, but it was rejected. Can you
redirect it to the list, I think you can write there :)

Thanks!

Bye, Christian.

----- Forwarded message from Christian Berendt <list at suppentopf.net> -----

Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:59:55 +0000
From: Christian Berendt <list at suppentopf.net>
To: arch-dev-public at archlinux.org
Subject: official mirror

Hi!

My name is Christian, I'm new to arch linux, an ex-Gentoo-user. I'm
studying computer sience at the RWTH Aachen in Germany and live there in
one of the student hostels. There I have the room to host a mirror for
this project with a connection to the DFN (our university network in Germany).
It's a connection with 100mbit, I think this is ok ;)

The point is the hardware, I only have an old P3-600 with <512MB of RAM.
The hdd is no problem, I can put an SATA controller and a hdd with
200GB into it. So is this interessting for you or is the hw to slow?

At the moment I'm mirroring the extra-repository and test the
performance the next few days. At next week I can install the hardware
in our computer room.

Bye, Christian.

----- End forwarded message -----