[arch-dev-public] ABS cleanup

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 21:47:11 EDT 2007

I used the following two home-grown scripts in the past few days to
clean out ABS- it doesn't do it all, but it does get rid of
directories without a PKGBUILD which was the original intent. It
should help make an ABS checkout a bit faster as people aren't pulling
needless files, although I'm sure there are still many checked in
patches that are no longer needed. Arch 64 guys may want to give these
a go after a few modifications and see what shows up.

-Dan

#!/bin/bash
#
# findstale - find directories in ABS tree without a PKGBUILD
#

cwd=$(pwd)

for dir in $(find -type d); do
	if [[ "$dir" != *local* ]]; then
		cd "$cwd"
		if [ ! -f "$dir/PKGBUILD" ]; then
			nodir=1;
			cd "$dir"
			for node in $(ls); do
				[ -d "$node" ] && nodir=0
			done
			if [ $nodir -eq 1 ]; then
				echo "$dir"
				#for file in $(ls); do
				#	echo "    $file"
				#done
				#echo
			fi
		fi
	fi
done

#!/bin/bash
#
# cleantags - clean up CVS tags in a given directory
#

cwd=$(pwd)

for line in $(cat $1); do
	cd $cwd/$line
	ls /var/abs/extra/$line | xargs cvs tag -d CURRENT
done