[arch-dev-public] Devices >2TB

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Tue Jun 19 10:00:37 EDT 2007

>> The setup is that I'm hooking up a hardware-raid-enclosure external
>> cabinet up via the ESATA port to the SATA controller built into the
>> NVidia NForce 430 chipset on the motherboard. We can't see more than
>> 2TB.
>>

> fdisk/cfdisk limitation.  See here:
> http://www.unixgods.org/~tilo/larger_2TB.html#2TB

We had stumbled across this, and are using parted and the GPT
partitioning to set up the drive. However, even parted does not seem
to be able to see the whole drive.

Hence the thought that it must be either the kernel itself or the
device driver. Though I suppose it could also be something about the
way parted was built.

- P