[arch-dev-public] libarchive, pacman, and libtool-slaying

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 19 19:28:18 EDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:21:53 -0400
"Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Where is this mysterious link to libarchive.so.1 coming from when
> it isn't even present on my system anymore?

Did you check the output of ldd libalpm.so and ldd pacman differently?
One may be linking against .1, the other against .2 - I've had
wierdness like that happen to me on other apps before and since pacman
links in alpm, if they're both depending on different versions both may
show up in the output.

Essentially, what I mean is run ldd on each .so file in the output of
$(ldd pacman) and see if it's pulled in as a dep of one of those.

--
Travis