[arch-dev-public] Cleanup of some base libs

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:42:58 EDT 2007

While trying to figure out my libtool libarchive issue, I looked at
the PKGBUILDs for acl and attr and was pretty scared at what I saw. I
attempted to clean them up a lot, and I think I succeeded, but I
wanted some testing from you guys first before I push these to testing
and then maybe to current. I also want to make sure no one sees an
issue with building them this way.

I set up a small repo here:
[baseclean]
Server = http://archlinux.org/~dan/baseclean

The repo has the following packages (I rebuilt those that depend
directly on acl/attr): acl, attr, libarchive, pacman (because
libarchive has been upgraded), and xfsdump. The one package missing
that should be here is coreutils, but I had a build failure (not sure
if this is related to the gcc 4.2 upgrade).

In addition, has anyone else noticed this issue-
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7461? It is kind of a big deal, and I'm
going to be gone starting tomorrow for the entire weekend so I want to
find some resolution before then.

-Dan

Note to self: add some comments to the acl/attr PKGBUILDs explaining
those weird variable settings used in the install line
(include/builddefs, buildmacros, etc.).