[arch-dev-public] moving to pacbuild

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 01:54:18 EDT 2007

This is one of those things that's not gonna get done until someone does it.

For a trial (until we determine if it hurts us), I want to try and
install pacbuild on gerolde.  I think, however, it needs a good ol'
-Syu, which I'll probably leave in more capable hands (though we need
to make sure we don't break django with python2.5, heh).

It should be easy to setup and apple daemon on there, then we need to
get some build machines together.  I have one here I can use, and can
probably be sneaky about it and use one of the arch machines at work.
We'd still need some x86_64 build machines, but that can't be all that
hard.

If there's a problem with putting this on gerolde at this stage, I
_could_ open up my home machine for a while.

Jason, is there anything blocking us from using pacbuild right now?

- Aaron