[arch-dev-public] 0.8 torrents

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 30 03:44:50 EDT 2007

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> I'm currently seeding all 6, though quite poorly - I need to open some
> more ports but my silly router doesn't accept ranges (one at a time is
> nasty).

Most torrent clients only need one port for all torrents (I think they
use both udp and tcp). If you need one port for each, you should use
another one.

> A few other people (Thomas, Dan, stonecrest maybe, etc) are also
> seeding some of them.

I can seed all 6 from Sunday on, with 1MBit bandwidth. I hope many
archers with enough bandwidth will join us!

> Due to our recent bandwidth shenanigans, we should probably suggest
> the torrents over ftp download.  Perhaps when neotuli updates the
> download page, we can move it around so the torrents appear to be the
> first choice? /me shrugs

We should, people should try the torrents first. But we need enough
seedeers, so that they will actually be faster than ftp.