[arch-dev-public] Updating the licenses package

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:17:29 EDT 2007

2007/3/30, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
> I actually just came across this page here:
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical
>
> I think we should go through and add some more common ones to the
> licenses packages (it's text, it'll compress well).  This comes up
> because we probably need an update for the Python license anyway.
>
> Maybe we can even add all of them?  Only problem is they don't seem to
> export plain text, so we can't really automate it... ewww.

There's no need to add them all, IMO. Many of them are not used in any
of available PKGBUILDs, and some require providing full text
(BSD-like, MIT, zlib/libpng), but some most common of them could be
added.
It's importand to have correct licenses in package. See
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5637 for example.
Also, while changing the package, take a look at
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5623

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)