[arch-dev-public] Archlinux [current] status

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Tue May 8 16:30:59 EDT 2007

Hi
something is really going wrong at the moment.
People claim for having other interests or not time for doing the packaging
work.
I start here only with [current] first.
Jan quit doing maintenance of important parts of our distro and probably also
of doing quite some update tirades through current.

Let me stress this, from my point of view Jan and me did the most [current]
updates the last weeks, even if we didn't use the software for our own stuff,
correct me if im wrong.

We have inactive package maintainers, no doubt.
Judd, Dorphell, Aurelien, Gregor, Woody, Arjan

It's time to cleanup [current].
Orphan all packages of Judd, Dorphell, Aurelien, Gregor
1 week of time to grab what packages you wanna have.
Keep in mind it's your job then to test and ensure that the package works!
Please one of the enablers do this, or give me the permission to orphan them.

After that period, look whats left if noone feels responsable for a package
make a list of possible drops or try to find one on ML who wants to maintain
it. It's better to have 1 maintainer for just 1 package who is active and
knows the package well, then 1 who just cross updates because he saw the
version bump.

come on guys participate it's the base of our distro!
Without it Arch cannot work.

greetings
tpowa
--