[arch-dev-public] FTP (re)organization

eliott at cactuswax.net eliott at cactuswax.net
Tue May 15 11:10:08 EDT 2007

> eliott schrieb:
> Right now, any ftp restructuring mustn't require the mirrors to
> reconfigure. Many mirrors don't sync the full ftp, but current/ extra/
> and community/ only (they are a minority, but some of them do).

I was under the impression that most sites mirrored "ftp" rsync target.
Pretty sure the "community" target was only recently added...
In the event that I am correct, a top level iso directory would still be
mirrrored just fine.

Splitting them out would be a great benefit to sites that *do* only want
to mirror current, extra, and community. As it stands right now, they get
the isos too with the current target..so they have to exclude that dir
manually in their rsync pull (which isn't really a big deal).

It just seems to me that it would be cleaner to have iso's living in their
own place.