[arch-dev-public] FTP (re)organization

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue May 15 12:25:40 EDT 2007

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> Interim solution: just put the new isos out there.  If people have
> problems with removing the ISOs, then we can worry about that later -
> the important thing, at this moment in time, is putting the new isos
> out there.
>
> So here's the definite: don't delete things just yet, push the new
> ISOs out so we can get this release moving, and we can worry about
> deletion / moving dirs after the release.

Put them where? In the directory where the ISOs are right now, there is
an "addons" subdir. The new addons will be incompatible with the old isos.

Also I don't want people to be confused as to which ISOs to use,
therefore, two sets of ISOs in the same subdirectory are bad.

Should we create /installer/2007.05 or /iso/2007.05 and mention it in
the announcement?