[arch-dev-public] Package Cleanup: Part II

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:27:08 EDT 2007

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Cleanup

So the initial burst made a smallish dent, but there's still a lot
more to do, which I'd like to get to this weekend.  If anyone want to
help out, that'd be great.  In addition, please voice your opinions
about a few things (I haven't heard a lot of developers talk about
this, so I've left it alone:

* Move desktop related stuff to extra? (possibly keep only xorg in current?)
* Move wireless/network modules to current? (they're that important IMO)
* Rename current to "core" ?
* Anything else?

Here's a handful of instructions for moving things, just to be complete.

== Move to unsupported ==
   cd repo/category/pkgname
   tar czf pkgname.tar.gz *
   /upload to the AUR/
   cvs tag -d CURRENT
   cvs tag -d CURRENT-64
   (possibly testing as well if it's there)
   cvs rm -f *
   cvs commit

== Move from current to extra ==
   cp -r current/category/pkgname extra/category/pkgname
   rm -rf extra/category/pkgname/CVS
   cd current/category/pkgname
   cvs tag -d CURRENT
   cvs tag -d CURRENT-64
   (possibly testing as well if it's there)
   cvs rm -f *
   cvs commit
   cd extra/category/
   cvs add pkgname
   cd pkgname
   (use extrapkg or any other means to get it in the repo)

Thanks,
Aaron