[arch-dev-public] Package Cleanup: Part II

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:50:37 EDT 2007

2007/5/18, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Cleanup
>
> So the initial burst made a smallish dent, but there's still a lot
> more to do, which I'd like to get to this weekend.  If anyone want to
> help out, that'd be great.  In addition, please voice your opinions
> about a few things (I haven't heard a lot of developers talk about
> this, so I've left it alone:
>
> * Move desktop related stuff to extra? (possibly keep only xorg in current?)
Yes. (Not sure if xorg will belong to Core, so probably move xorg to extra too)

> * Move wireless/network modules to current? (they're that important IMO)
depends on Core decission (which was done on DevMeeting, but no
pkglist agreed yet)

> * Rename current to "core" ?
YESSSS!!!
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Core_Packages

> * Anything else?

Packages should be checked carefully to make sure that
(make)dependencies are in the same or up-level repo as packages that
require them, but not in down-level repo.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)