[arch-dev-public] Package Cleanup: Part II

Fri May 18 16:37:39 EDT 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Cleanup
>
> So the initial burst made a smallish dent, but there's still a lot
> more to do, which I'd like to get to this weekend.  If anyone want to
> help out, that'd be great.

I would like to help out but I'll be away for the week-end. I could
remove/move some packages on Monday if there's still some cleanup to do.

> Here's a handful of instructions for moving things, just to be complete.
>
> == Move to unsupported ==
>    cd repo/category/pkgname
>    tar czf pkgname.tar.gz *
>    /upload to the AUR/
>    cvs tag -d CURRENT
>    cvs tag -d CURRENT-64
>    (possibly testing as well if it's there)
>    cvs rm -f *
>    cvs commit

PKGBUILD and their accompaning files should be submitted to unsupported
in a tarred directory named after the package. So the above should be:

 == Move to unsupported ==
    cd repo/category
    tar czf pkgname.tar.gz pkgname/PKGBUILD pkgname/any_other_files_to_be_included
    /upload to the AUR/
    cd pkgname
    cvs tag -d CURRENT
    cvs tag -d CURRENT-64
    (possibly testing as well if it's there)
    cvs rm -f *
    cvs commit

The second line could be simplified to:
    tar czf pkgname.tar.gz pkgname/*
but that would include the CVS directory. It's probably better not to have
that in the AUR submission  tarball.

Eric

believed to be clean.