[arch-dev-public] glibc-2.6/gcc-4.2.0 migration status

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue May 29 05:13:29 EDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 29. Mai 2007 11:04:03 schrieb Roman Kyrylych:
> I always thought it's a bad idea to build anything for
> current/extra/unstable/community with packages from testing installed.
>
> :-/
>
> Won't those packages require libgcc 4.2.0 then?
> AFAIR Jan said about some incompetible exported symbols.

To make sure nothing will break you should use testing on your system and only
build packages within chroot-environment. I have four of these:
arch32-community, arch64-current, arch64-extra and arch64-community. This way
you can be sure that a package from current does not depend on some from
extra, too.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76