[arch-dev-public] problem with community repo db files
belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Wed May 30 00:34:18 EDT 2007
On Tue, 29 May 2007, Paul Mattal wrote:
> Eric Belanger wrote:
> > On Sat, 26 May 2007, eliott wrote:
> >> There is some problem with the script that updates the community db file.
> >> I couldn't figure out exactly what the breakage is..other than the script
> >> itself not working.
> >> As a temporary measure, I manually regenerated the i686 and x86_64 repo db's.
> > I went through the logs and here's the errors I saw. Maybe you are
> > already aware of there error messages. In the log for the
> > x86_64 community repo (/home/aur/tupkgupdate64.log), all packages that I
> > had uploaded had this error message:
> > ==> ERROR: could not find xv-3.10a-8-i686.pkg.tar.gz - aborting
> > Updatesync upd returned an error!
> > cp --preserve=timestamps '/home/aur/packages64/full/xv-3.10a-8.pkg.tar.gz' '/home/ftp/community/os/x86_64/xv-3.10a-8.pkg.tar.gz'
> > rm '/home/ftp/community/os/x86_64/xv-3.10a-7.pkg.tar.gz'
> > rm '/home/aur/packages64/full/xv-3.10a-8.pkg.tar.gz'
> > fakeroot updatesync upd '/home/ftp/community/os/x86_64/community.db.tar.gz' '/home/aur/cvs64/multimedia/xv/PKGBUILD' '/home/ftp/community/os/x86_64'
> > Why is there a reference to i686 in the first line? It looks like the
> > script for community64 is trying to use the wrong package name.
> > In the log for the i686 community repo, the error message for each
> > package is:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "/home/aur/aur/tupkg/update/tupkgupdate", line 578, in <module>
> > retval = runRepoAdd(repo_dir, package.new.file)
> > File "/home/aur/aur/tupkg/update/tupkgupdate", line 311, in runRepoAdd
> > destfile = os.path.join(repo, os.path.basename(package.new.file))
> > AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'new'
> > I don't know what it means. I hope this will help in figuring out what's
> > the problem.
> Thanks, Eric, for the help in diagnosis. I believe I've now actually
> fixed this issue in the i686 repo. Can someone confirm with a
> package they added/updated in the last day or so?
> If this is the right fix, I will then try to apply this fix to the
> x86_64 update script.
Good news. I can confirm that the i686 community repo is working. I added
a package tonight and it's now in the repo.
Thanks for looking into that, Paul.
> - P
> arch-dev-public mailing list
> arch-dev-public at archlinux.org
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
Département de physique
Université de Montréal
Bureau B-416, Pavillon Roger-Gaudry
Tél. : (514) 343-6111 ext. 8746
Courriel : belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Web : http://www.astro.umontreal.ca/~belanger/
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
More information about the arch-dev-public