[arch-dev-public] Moving gammu from [extra] to [community] (fwd)

Fri Nov 2 14:46:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

I just got this email from Corrado. Gammu is currently orphaned and is not
a dependency of any packages in extra. Does anyone object in moving gammu
to the community repo?

Eric

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:45:00 +0100
From: bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com>
To: eric at archlinux.org
Subject: Moving gammu from [extra] to [community]

Hi Eric.

I'm the maintainer of wammu and python-gammu in [community]. They both
depend on gammu, which is in [extra] and should be maintained by
Aurelien. He doesn't even answer to e-mails, though, and since you're
the last one that updated the package I'm writing to you.

gammu has been out of date for more than three months now, and the
three packages are always updated together by their author, so they
all need a new version. My proposal was to move gammu in [community]
and let me maintain it, since I can take care of it and as a user I
need it to be updated.

I don't know if you're the right person to ask this, if you don't
think so I'll forward this mail to the tur-users ML and hear what
other devs and TUs think.

Thanks
Corrado

believed to be clean.