[arch-dev-public] The Arch-ization of packages

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:10:42 EDT 2007

Hi!

This is the latest report on the topic I like to discuss:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8384\
Other similar reports can be found on flyspray (I gave few links in
comments to that report already) and forums.

I honestly don't care much of having custom Arch-style splash screens,
wallpapers, themes, OS identification in browsers etc. in our
packages.
I just want it to be *consistent*.
There are few possibilities:
1) do not add customize packages to wear Arch name on them (as in
Gnome packages now)
2) provide splashs/wallpapers/themes/etc. in packages but do not
enable them by default (as in Xfce packages now)
3) provide splashs/wallpapers/themes/etc. in packages and hardcode or
enable them by default (as in KDE packages and OOo now).
Note that we already force arch-menus installed on every of those DEs.
Also should decide if we want to patch Firefox, Seamonkey, Epiphany,
Konqueror, Dillo (is it possible to patch Opera's default config files
too?).

Thoughts?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)