[arch-dev-public] X.org 7.3 move to extra [was: cleanup testing {i686, x86_86}]

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Sun Nov 4 13:18:17 EST 2007

Sunday 04 November 2007, Jan de Groot wrote:
 | On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 15:15 +0000, Tom K wrote:
 | > Alexander Baldeck wrote:
 | > > Hey all,
 | > >
 | > > I also would like to move X.org 7.3 from [testing] and put it
 | > > into our stable repos asap. I don't see any fixable issues at
 | > > the moment, upstream changes are coming in only very slowly
 | > > and I would say, we can add them to packages in [extra] just
 | > > as well.
 | > >
 | > > Do you see any really show stoppers still? The latest fglrx
 | > > works alright afaik. Thoughts?
 | > >
 | > > Cheers,
 | > >
 | > > -O
 | >
 | > How about applying the patch in FS#8495 first? The keyboard led
 | > issue is not exactly a showstopper, but it's a very visible bug,
 | > which will create a lot of noise if it goes to extra. Xavier has
 | > confirmed that the patch works, and I'm applying it myself at
 | > the moment for confirmation.
 |
 | Made a local build myself also with that patch. Additionally, I
 | applied the patch from FS#8478, which is also applied in upstream
 | git. Though it doesn't fix anything special, it would be good to
 | apply. I've been running this one for a day now without problems.

i can confirm this on x86_64 - just reproduced it.

i'm also for moving 7.3 out of testing. it will also add the
new -intel driver finally to our repos. 7.3 breaks functionability of
linuxwacom (pkg in community, drivers to wacom devices, i plan to put
it to extra once it works with 7.3 (should be in 0.8.0)), otherwise
from this i do not know any other problems that are not in bugs or
already mentioned.

go for it!

- D

--