[arch-dev-public] netcfg2 in [testing]

James Rayner iphitus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:08:10 EST 2007

Just a heads up that I've put netcfg2 into [testing]... They work for me
and others, and have proven to be solid for the last few months without
many bugs -- they're well overdue for wider testing.

Also... I'd like to move it into svn on projects.archlinux.org as there's
no scm currently, who do I speak to about that?

I'll post announcements tomorrow morning when I wake if nobody has any
complaints. They'll follow as below.

Cheers!
James

----

netcfg2 is now in [testing].

netcfg2 aims to be a refined network profile system for Arch Linux,
replacing the current implementation. Through this, it has also gained
various features and improvements which are listed on the development wiki
page (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Scripts)

Before it can replace the current profiles, netcfg2 needs testers of
various wireless hardware and configuration to try the scripts and report
back on the wiki page testing section
(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Scripts#Testing). Bugs can be
filed at the bug tracker.

Documentation for netcfg2 is located in the netcfg manpage, detailed
examples in /etc/network.d/examples, and the wiki:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Profiles