[arch-dev-public] cleanup testing i686

Mon Nov 5 22:03:52 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Andreas Radke wrote:

> After Xorg has moved and now we should really remove dead testing
> packages:
>
> aufs-20071017-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> avahi-0.6.19-1.pkg.tar.gz
> boost-1.34.0-2.pkg.tar.gz
> celestia-1.4.1-4.pkg.tar.gz
> codecs-20071007-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> csup-20060318-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> emacs-22.1-1.pkg.tar.gz
> ffmpeg-20071009-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> initscripts-2007.11-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> ivtv-utils-1.0.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> jre-6-3.pkg.tar.gz
> klibc-1.5-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> klibc-extras-2.3-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> klibc-module-init-tools-3.2.2-1-i686...>
> klibc-udev-116-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> km-0.6.1-1.pkg.tar.gz
> mdadm-2.6.4-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> mkinitcpio-0.5.16-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> mlocate-0.18-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> mplayer-1.0rc2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> netcfg-1.99.32-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> nss-mdns-0.10-1.pkg.tar.gz
> ntop-3.3-3.1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> packages.txt
> screen-4.0.3-4.pkg.tar.gz
> testing.db.tar.gz
> wicd-1.3.1-4-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>

> These packages are only in i686:
> -aufs
> -avahi
> -boost
> -celestia
> -csup
> -emacs
> -ffmpeg
> -ivtv-utils
> -jre
> -km
> -mlocate
> -nss-mdns
> -ntop
> -screen
>
> There can all be removed? Please make sure in the future to keep x86_64
> and i686 in sync!
>
> Andy

I've removed screen and mlocate as they're already in core.

Several of these packages seemed to have been untagged but not removed
from the ftp site. Also, the boost package is older than the one in extra.
Is it OK if I remove the ones that fall in this category?

What should we do with the km package? It's kernel modules build for
2.6.20. We should either remove it if it's no longer needed or
rebuild it.

Eric

believed to be clean.