[arch-dev-public] rebuilding the whole core repo

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Nov 6 12:49:10 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 18:41 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:

> Ok, here is a first list of packages which have wrong sources, md5sums
> or dependencies. Only for category "core/base", rest is following (maybe
> tonight or tomorrow):
>
> e2fsprogs:
> 	makedepends on 'bc', which is in extra
> file:
> 	failure on getting source, server doesn't exist anymore
> gcc-libs:
> 	==> Starting build()...
> 	You need the de_DE locale to build gcc.
> 	==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
> 	very strange!!!!

gcc/gcc-libs will build a compiler and library with incorrect locale
methods if de_DE is not present on the system. This is because of some
test in configure that checks for the locale.

> glibc:
> 	failure on getting source, wrong:
> 	ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/glibc-patches-2.7-3.tar.bz2 right:
> 	ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/glibc/glibc-patches-2.7-3.tar.bz2
> iputils:
> 	makedepends on 'jade', which is in extra
> kernel26:
> 	wrong md5sum for file config
> klibc-extras:
> 	failure on getting source, wrong:
> 	http://ftp.archlinux.org/other/klibc-extras/klibc-extras-2.3.tar.bz2
> 	right:
> 	ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/klibc-extras/klibc-extras-2.3.tar.bz2
> pacman:
> 	makedepend on 'doxygen', which is in extra
> reiserfsprogs:
> 	failure on getting source, connection timed out on server
> syslog-ng:
> 	makedepend on 'glib2', which is in extra
> vi:
> 		----snip---
> 	having patch file:7.1.147
>         having patch file:7.1.148
> 	Number of patches does not match the patchlevel!
> 	Edit the PKGBUILD accordingly!
> 	==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

We should have some way to force the patchlevel. If we want 7.1.147, we
get 7.1.147 and not 7.1.148 with a forced updated pkgrel. What if we
want to force-downgrade to a specific revision because a later patch is
buggy? We can't.