[arch-dev-public] GPL2 -> GPL3 license changes in packages

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 04:52:53 EST 2007

2007/11/8, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org>:
>     Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 @ 20:23:48
>   Author: travis
>
> Modified: PKGBUILD (1.13 -> 1.14)
>
> upgpkg: audacious-player 1.4.0-1
> Upstream update
>

> +pkgver=1.4.0
> +pkgrel=1
>  pkgdesc="A media player forked from BMP 0.9.7.1 - player component (no plugins)."
>  arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
>  url="http://audacious-media-player.org/"
>  license=('GPL')
> -depends=('libmcs' 'libglade' 'unzip' 'libsamplerate') # Unzip for theme changing
> +depends=('libmcs' 'dbus-glib' 'libglade' 'unzip' 'libsamplerate') # Unzip for theme changing

The license has changed to GPL3.
I'm posting this to public list to make a notice that we should now
look at GPL2->GPL3 relicensing process that more and more FOSS
projects are doing.
Also it could be nice to have GPL changed to GPL2 when updating other
packages to clearly state the version.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)