[arch-dev-public] Please fixing and core rebuild (was: rebuilding the whole core repo)

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 10:58:57 EST 2007

Hi,
this is a summary of the previous mails. The following list should be
fixed by the corresponding package maintainer. Try to add license as
well to those packages. If some packages not fixed since Saturday, I
will do it on my own. After fixing I can rebuild the whole [core] on my
own. It's not really much work, runs mostly alone.

Ok, here comes the list:

core/base packages:
-------------------
e2fsprogs:
	makedepends on 'bc', which is in [extra]
gcc-libs:
	==> Starting build()...
	You need the de_DE locale to build gcc.
	==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
	Jan mentioned it in another mail, so this is ok.
glibc:
	failure on getting source, wrong:
	ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/glibc-patches-2.7-3.tar.bz2 right:
	ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/glibc/glibc-patches-2.7-3.tar.bz2
iputils:
	makedepends on 'jade', which is in [extra]
kernel26:
	wrong md5sum for file config
klibc-extras:
	failure on getting source, wrong:
	http://ftp.archlinux.org/other/klibc-extras/klibc-extras-2.3.tar.bz2
	right:
	ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/klibc-extras/klibc-extras-2.3.tar.bz2
pacman:
	makedepend on 'doxygen', which is in [extra]
reiserfsprogs:
	failure on getting source, connection timed out on server
syslog-ng:
	makedepend on 'glib2', which is in [extra]
vi:
		----snip---
	having patch file:7.1.147
        having patch file:7.1.148
	Number of patches does not match the patchlevel!
	Edit the PKGBUILD accordingly!
	==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
	Jan mentioned it in the other email, too.

core/lib packages:
------------------
everything builds fine

core/devel pacakges:
--------------------
fakeroot:
	source doesn't exists anymore on server
gcc:
	libstdc++-man-4.2.0.tar.bz2 doesn't exists anymore on server

core/support packages:
----------------------
bcm43xx-fwcutter:
	missing arch-tag in PKGBUILD
capi4k-utils:
	compiling fails with errors, maybe of the new gcc/glibc
gpm:
	compiling fails with errors, maybe of the new gcc/glibc
madwifi-utils:
	depends on 'sharutils', which is in [extra]
rt2x00-cvs:
	depends on command 'cvs', which is in [extra]
wlan-ng26-utils:
	compiling fails with errors
wlan-ng26:
	fails, because of missing -util package, see error above

That is the list, could every maintainer of the package please have a
look at those packages and add missing licenses if needed? On Saturday
evening, I'm going to fix those PKGBUILDs on my own and start the first
attempt for a complete [core] repo. Because of those dependencies of
the packages which are in extra (and we don't want them in core), maybe
I can build the dependencies with -b option in makeworld (I have tested
it, it works).

Any words against the whole process?

Daniel