[arch-dev-public] Kernel - vanilla vs patched?

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Fri Nov 9 10:02:54 EST 2007

> * put_filp.patch
> * lhash-2.6.22.patch
>
> I don't know what these are, but these seem to be new bugfixes. Still,
> it should be evaluated if they are still needed before they are added
> again in 2.6.24.

These are small patches that just expose kernel functionality so the
AUFS modules will work. I will continue to monitor these as AUFS
progresses and remove them if/when we can.

Apparently, I should also make them say more loudly in the PKGBUILD
that they have to do with AUFS, since that was difficult to tell.

In general, +1 to James for the suggestion to make the kernel
PKGBUILD more user friendly.

- P