[arch-dev-public] Kernel - vanilla vs patched?

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Fri Nov 9 10:52:40 EST 2007

>> * put_filp.patch
>> * lhash-2.6.22.patch
>>
>> I don't know what these are, but these seem to be new bugfixes. Still,
>> it should be evaluated if they are still needed before they are added
>> again in 2.6.24.
>
> Document these patches please.

They were documented where used, not in the array.. which I did to
keep the array from becoming unwieldy.

I've now added it to the array, making it more unwieldy.

We really need to agree on some conventions about how to do this
stuff. If someone trying to balance the factors and do the right
thing and do no wrong can't get it right, the solution isn't just to
say "document these patches please". I already did that, just not
where people were looking, apparently.

The problem isn't the lack of documentation, it's, as James pointed
out, that the PKGBUILD is a disaster and needs some normalization
applied to it.

- P