[arch-dev-public] cleanup testing i686

Fri Nov 9 23:52:31 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Travis Willard wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 22:03:52 -0500 (EST)
> Eric Belanger <belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Andreas Radke wrote:
>>
>>> After Xorg has moved and now we should really remove dead testing
>>> packages:
>>>
>>> aufs-20071017-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> avahi-0.6.19-1.pkg.tar.gz
>>> boost-1.34.0-2.pkg.tar.gz
>>> celestia-1.4.1-4.pkg.tar.gz
>>> codecs-20071007-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> csup-20060318-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> emacs-22.1-1.pkg.tar.gz
>>> ffmpeg-20071009-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> initscripts-2007.11-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> ivtv-utils-1.0.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> jre-6-3.pkg.tar.gz
>>> klibc-1.5-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> klibc-extras-2.3-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> klibc-module-init-tools-3.2.2-1-i686...>
>>> klibc-udev-116-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> km-0.6.1-1.pkg.tar.gz
>>> mdadm-2.6.4-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> mkinitcpio-0.5.16-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> mlocate-0.18-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> mplayer-1.0rc2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> netcfg-1.99.32-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> nss-mdns-0.10-1.pkg.tar.gz
>>> ntop-3.3-3.1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>> packages.txt
>>> screen-4.0.3-4.pkg.tar.gz
>>> testing.db.tar.gz
>>> wicd-1.3.1-4-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>>>

>>> These packages are only in i686:
>>> -aufs
>>> -avahi
>>> -boost
>>> -celestia
>>> -csup
>>> -emacs
>>> -ffmpeg
>>> -ivtv-utils
>>> -jre
>>> -km
>>> -mlocate
>>> -nss-mdns
>>> -ntop
>>> -screen
>>>
>>> There can all be removed? Please make sure in the future to keep
>>> x86_64 and i686 in sync!
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> I've removed screen and mlocate as they're already in core.
>>
>> Several of these packages seemed to have been untagged but not
>> removed from the ftp site. Also, the boost package is older than the
>> one in extra. Is it OK if I remove the ones that fall in this
>> category?
>>
>> What should we do with the km package? It's kernel modules build for
>> 2.6.20. We should either remove it if it's no longer needed or
>> rebuild it.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> I replied earlier today to this thread, but it seems not to have made
> it to the list?
>
> In any case, avahi and nss-mdns were my fault, and I removed them a
> while ago.
>
> --
> Travis

I have removed the following packages: aufs, boost, emacs, jre, ntop
They were at an older or the same version than the package currently in
extra. Except aufs, they were all already untagged from testing.

About the rest:

celestia: the package in testing is newer than the one in extra but it
hasn't been tagged.  Therefore, users can't install it. Is it a mistake
or is there a reason behind that?

ffmpeg and ivtv-utils: I'm currently building them for x86_64

km: Any opinions about it?

believed to be clean.