[arch-dev-public] Migration to QT4
pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Nov 11 05:44:51 EST 2007
I just finished uploading all qt related packages into [testing] (x86_64 and
As allready mentioned the following changes were made:
qt updated to version 4; replaces and provides qt4 from [community]
qt3 old qt package; /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
was renamed to /etc/profile.d/qt3.sh
and disabled by default
qt3-doc old qt-doc package
In addition to this the following packages had to be rebuilt to switch to the
new qt3 dependency. If you are the maintainer of such a package please check
speedcrunch <- no source available see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8600
If you build a package which directly or indirectly (e.g. via kdelibs) depends
on qt3, you have to add ". /etc/profile.d/qt3.sh" to the build() function to
set qt3's environment variables. qt (version 4) is the default qt now.
In addition to this I added a psi as the first package in [extra] using qt-4.
* update all packages which require qt-4 for their current version
* review the qt-4 package:
* should we add/remove congigure options?
* What are those kde-copy patches?
* do we need to split it into qt, qt-core and qt-qt3support?
* currently there is no non-gui package which requires qt,
so I decided we can do this later
* Do we need to introduce "legacy" packages for libs like
pyqt, poppler-qt, qscintilla, qca-tls, qca?
If we only need them for KDE there should be no problem;
at least after the switch to KDE4
* make sure that all qt3 packages still work
* notify tur-users to update [community] packages according to this chagne
* move everything to [extra] after at least one week of testing
PS: If you use qtcurve you'll find compatible packages at
More information about the arch-dev-public