[arch-dev-public] [signoff] fakeroot 1.8.4-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 11 07:27:18 EST 2007

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> Andreas Radke schrieb:
>> no signoffs? does it break our makepkg?
>>
>> Andy
>
> Sorry, didn't get to test it yet, I have to find a package that
> reproducibly breaks permissions with the old fakeroot.

The bug is NOT fixed. Steps to reproduce:

1) Mount a partition with acl,user_xattr (or tmpfs, which has them
enabled by default)
2) Build ntfs-3g
3) Run namcap. Result:
ntfs-3g    W: File (usr/man/man8//) does not have the world readable bit
set.
ntfs-3g    W: Directory (usr/man/man8//) does not has the world
executable bit set.

(This is caused by makepkg using cp -a when moving manpages)

Still, signing off as this is not a regression compared to the old fakeroot.