[arch-dev-public] Arch64 micro-build machine

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Mon Nov 12 19:45:15 EST 2007

Tuesday 13 November 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | On Nov 12, 2007 4:51 PM, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch>
wrote:
 | > are there plans for a i686 built-machine?
 |
 | For pacbuild, absolutely. This, however, is something different.

similar but different, right :)

 | It's possibly to setup a 32bit chroot on a 64bit machine (as 64bit
 | machines will run 32bit code), but it is not really possible to do
 | the other direction (last I checked).
 |
 | So this machine is here for people who don't have 64bit hardware,
 | or do but don't want to wipe their machines just yet.

yea, unfortunately such a chroot needs quite some hdd space.

no, actually i wanted to say first how great this is what you have
made, but forgot. it is for sure a great help.

i am on the road with my 64bit laptop and thats why i can usually do
64bit pkgs quite quickly but lag behind in i686 atm.

 | > my old machine is dying slowly but steadily and i do not yet
 | > have a bigger harddrive on my new one... so i'm kind of
 | > handicapped on i686 atm.
 | >
 | > @ all : if you find some x86_64 pkgs of mine not updated/build
 | > for i686, this is the reason - feel free to build them if you
 | > have the resources. thanx
 |
 | Well is this is a problem at this moment, I can look into this. In
 | fact, I might be able to setup a 32bit chroot on the same machine,
 | which would make everything easier.

no need to make you additional work. it is nothing really urgent. and
anyway we are a quite big team so its not really a problem at all.
i'm actually impressed how load-share simply works. its the small
things that happen in the back that make us after all (this <insert
slang word here> discussions) still a great team! (and this without
drinking any ethanol containing beverages)

after all, i need to get a bigger harddrive anyway.

- D

--
                  <º)))><