[arch-dev-public] Second list of removal candidates

Wed Nov 14 18:19:56 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, K. Piche wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 20:34 -0500, Eric Belanger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is the second list of removal candidates.  Please go through
>> it to make sure we don't remove a package that, for some reason,
>> should remain in extra. Some of the reason are actually questions
>> or discussion topics so it would be nice to get some feedback on
>> them. As said before, some of these packages can be depends of
>> community packages. Please just dicuss them for now. I would
>> prefer to do the actual removal myself. I will do so when the
>> discussions will be over.
>>
>> =======================================================================================
>>    Package        Reason to remove it or Reason to keep it. Any comments,
>> concerns, etc.
>> =======================================================================================
>> akode	will be dependency of kde4, right? (dp)
>> apmd	replaced by acpi (incorrect. needed for older machines)
>
> Can you add castle-combat to your list?  It's a python game that will
> happily work in your home directory but not from /usr/{bin,lib} and I
> don't know enough about python to make it.  Also it hasn't been updated
> in a long time.

Sure. I added to the list in the wiki.  BTW, if anyone else has orphaned a
package since the cleanup began, let me know. I haven't bothered syncing
the wiki list with the current orphans. I'll do that at the end of the
cleanup/adoption process.

believed to be clean.