[arch-dev-public] Packages with files in /opt

Mon Nov 26 20:31:54 EST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Jeff Mickey wrote:

> https://archlinux.org/todo/45/
>
> Let's get cracking on this!  I'll be doing some of it any time I think
> about it, but my exam week is coming up here.  The important part is
> that we now have a list to work on.
>
> Also, if there is an error as to what I have included in the list or
> if I have left something off the list, reply to the thread and let me
> know.
>
> Thank you.
>
>    //  jeff

On the todo list, there are stand alone packages that installs in /opt/kde
(amarok, basket, etc).  I think we should skip them for now and move them
out of /opt/kde at the same time as KDE. It'll be more logical and these
apps might have problems being in /usr.

As many packages include a browser plugin, it will be nice to know if
the mozilla stuff will be moved and, if so, where the new plugins directory will be.

believed to be clean.