[arch-dev-public] msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Tue Nov 27 02:00:59 EST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Dan McGee wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007 7:58 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 2007 7:15 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias at justdreams.de> wrote:
> > > I don't use msmtp anymore.
> >
> > Same, i dropped it for mutt's support. Still, it was easier to setup
> > than the others so I'll maintain it if someone wants...
>
> I'm one of the few who doesn't use a command line email client
> (gasp!), so I use msmtp for outgoing emails because it is super easy
> to set up. If no one else, I'd take it.
I think the same about msmtp, it is REALLY easy to set up. Since I never
used ssmtp I don't know how it compares. I just think one forwarder
would be enough. But I'm fine with two as well, and I can keep
maintaining msmtp. I was just saying we can throw it out if no one needs
it.
	-T

> nbsmtp? I'd vote to get rid of it just because I didn't know it existed.
yepp, I would throw it out, too