[arch-dev-public] Missing packages?

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Wed Nov 28 09:40:08 EST 2007

Travis Willard wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 8:41 AM, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com
> <mailto:paul at mattal.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dan McGee wrote:
>      > On Nov 28, 2007 2:25 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
>     <mailto:aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      >> The following appear to be missing for i686:
>      >>     firefox 2.0.0.10-2
>      >>     pidgin 2.3.0-1
>      >>     ddrescue 1.6-1
>
>     Interesting. I haven't actually run the db update script to put
>     ddrescue 1.6-1 in the repo yet. Why, then, would it report it
>     missing? It appears 1.5-1 is still in the db file.
>

> It's missing because that's the version of the PKGBUILD in cvs  marked
> CURRENT.
>
> The CURRENT tag is _supposed_ to mean "this is the version currently in
> the repo" - if you've tagged a package CURRENT and not added the package
> into the db, then you've made a mistake.

I disagree. Often you need to build and upload a set of packages
(using devtools) and you want to upload them as you build them but
drop them in the repo at once because they need to be released together.

Furthermore, it seems silly to consider the package missing when the
database file and the package file for the old version are still in
the repo.

If we want the CURRENT flag to really mean what you say, we should
have the DB scripts do the tagging.

- P