[arch-dev-public] Build machine update

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:51:27 EST 2007

For any Devs/TUs in need of an x86_64 build machine, we're now in business.

This machine I have sitting here is not powerful, but it's doing
nothing, so we might as well all help out and heat my apartment this
winter 8)

What I've done is set this machine up to use the new chroot tools from
our devtools package, and allow users rights to run the chroot build
script. Dan, Jeff, and myself have tested it and it seems to work fine
for right now.

For people with existing accounts - I will add a motd with
instructions soon, so when you see a small HOWTO on login, feel free
to go to town.

For people who DON'T have an account but still want to build x86_64
packages and don't have a machine, let me know.