[arch-dev-public] Third list of removal candidates

James Rayner iphitus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:38:01 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:22:56PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 > speedtouch      modem drivers, should be kept
> > tiacx (in unstable)     wireless drivers, should be kept
> > tiacx-mm (in unstable)  wireless drivers, should be kept
> If no one has any of this hardware, maybe we can "spread the love"
> around and just adopt them for the sake of it?

There's been more up to date patches elsewhere for a while. tiacx was in
-mm, and there might have been a rewrite somewhere around for the new
wireless frameworks. Havn't looked since I stopped maintaining beyond,
so I've got no idea of the status now.

> > wxpython        Description: A wxWidgets GUI toolkit for Python.
> Are you *sure* this isn't a dep anywhere? I thought wxpython was used
> in quite a lot of places

I'll take it if nobody wants it

> > zsh     very popular. iphitus will adopt if nobody else will
> Someone want to adopt this and get it off the list? Jeff? James?

Jeff actually uses it, so he's a better maintainer.

> vbetool

I use this in my own suspend script. It's used in other scripts too. It
fixes problems with various laptop displays not returning. I'll adopt.