[arch-dev-public] Social?

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Tue Oct 2 15:26:24 EDT 2007

Hmm, I don't use social networking sites anymore nor do I post much
about me on the web anymore, for reasons of constant annoyances. :p

Anyway, since the info on the dev page doesn't say much about me I'm
going to introduce myself here again.

First of all, I have started to get into computers when I got my GameBoy
  for Christmas back in '90. Ever since I always dreamed of becoming a
game developer once I finish school. Even though I've been programming
from about '92 on my Amiga 600 it wasn't meant to be. Moved out of my
parent's house in '99 and started with driver development for ISDN cards
on RedHat which introduced me to the Linux world, which I couldn't find
my way into w/o internet before.

Nowadays, I hate to work full time and for companies that basically pay
me a minor salary and sell the fruits of my time without me benefiting.
That's why we founded the Telekommunisten, a worker owned company that
primarily does voip services for the enduser. We also very much like to
contribute to the free software and arts world. Non-profit projects are
always very welcome and we support them with all the technical skills ad
time we can offer for small change or free even.

In my free time, I do play vintage video games. I still love my Sega
Saturn for example which is the only reason I have a TV for. My favorite
genre in games is probably RPG and survival horror, no I can't stand FPS
or multi-player only games. ;)

Musically I'm very much into electronic such as on http://deepmix.ru and
http://klubradio.de, I kind of am involved with the both of them. You
can please my ears with all kinds of other stuff too but if I need to
chose, it's minimal techno. heh

What else? I totally love to play with weird hardware as many of you may
have noticed. Archlinux PPC was one of the bigger things I've done so
far but I've also started on a MIPS and ARM port a few months ago which
I don't push so much though. Every now and then I also play with my
Saturn Devkit and try to drive some old apps written by me further. This
is some weird shit hardware I tell you. :)

OH, and since I'm a German: I LOVE BEER! :D

And political, philosophical & controverse conversations:
http://kth5.telekommunisten.net/misc/talkaoke

Cheers,

Alex