[arch-dev-public] pending devtools issues

Tue Oct 2 21:10:13 EDT 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Ok, Dan and I cracked this out, after struggling with the git svn
> stuff for a bit.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=devtools.git;a=summary
>
> Andy, could you try those scripts there and see if they suit your needs?
>
> On 9/28/07, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> Yes, it fails to download the current package in the repo in order to make
>> the comparision with the new one.
>
> Sadly, this one is harder. The package URL is grabbed directly from
> pacman, and pacman doesn't output the user:pass for that.
>
> So, there's two things here:
> a) You should be fine without specifying the user/pass for gerolde.
> b) Could you log a pacman bug about username:passwords from URLs?
> There's a potential security issue with outputting URLs like that so I
> want to make sure we fully discuss it.

a) doesn't work.  See "ftp service on gerolde" thread.

b) I haven't submitted the bug report yet. Maybe it would be safer and easier to
have a configure option or a config file for checkpkg to specify the
server to be used by it.

Eric

believed to be clean.