[arch-dev-public] Moving forward [was: Cleanup/Orphans]

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 2 22:30:30 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:41:53 -0500
"Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually like this idea, and I will use it to autoassign packages at
> the end of the week - if you maintain a package and one of the
> dependencies is an orphan, I'll assign that to you - it just makes
> sense that way.

Yeah, sounds good.  Some of those big-name packages I'm timid to pick
up (bash, kernels, etc...) in fear I'd screw something up with them.

However, over the next couple of days I'll scan my packages for their
deps, and ensure none of them are orphaned.  If they are, I'll pick
them up.

Package maintenance is essentially all I do for Arch at the moment,
aside from forum-lurking; I suppose I could stand to carry a bit more
of it.

--
Travis