[arch-dev-public] Tool tarball location

Jeff 'codemac' Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 3 11:57:57 EDT 2007

* On Wednesday, October 03 2007, Andreas Radke wrote:

>Even better would be to host _all_ sources for every pkg release
>somewhere. Harddiscs got cheap and we could solve any possible GPL
>violence. Some other major distribution also do that.

And didn't we decide to do this a while ago in an IRC meeting?  Or am I
making that up...  I think it would be a GREAT idea if we kept sources
along with pkgbuilds and packages.  We can just store the .tar.gz
somewhere, it doesn't need to be versioned like pkgbuilds.

We are violating licenses by not doing this, I think it's of high priority.

The last thing we want is another Ion fiasco.

    //  jeff
--
.: [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] :.