[arch-dev-public] Test Isos 2007.10-0.3 with core repository and 96MB RAM image

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Wed Oct 3 14:09:15 EDT 2007

Hi
here the changelog:
i changed everything to fit to new core repository,
2 isos left ftp iso and core iso, the rest was setup/archboot changes to
achieve this.
- I cleaned up our documentation, to fit to those stuff
  please read it and tell me what is missing or wrong.

GENERAL:
- disabled arch_addons hook by default, it is triggered by arch-addons
  boot parameter
- Ram usage increased to 256MB (FTP-ISO,CORE-ISO arch boot image)
- Ram usage 96 MB (CORE-ISO lowmem boot image)

FIXES:
- fixed the nasty /dev mount bug
- fixed the /dev/ttyS0 errors if no serial port is installed in the system
- fixed repositories in install environment to fit to both architectures
- fixed km to not show broken chars after exit
- fixed grub installing with xfs filesystem
- fixed packages are now cleared if setup option was chosen

NEW STUFF:
- added pptpclient to install environment
- added sdparm to install environment
- added all free wireless drivers to install environment
- added intel wireless drivers to install environment which will be activated
  by intel-wireless boot parameter
- added hosts.deny and hosts.allow to config dialog
- added licenses to install environment
- added new lowmem boot image to core iso
  stripped everything out that is not necessary for installation

TODO:
- nothing from my side, it's nearly perfect :)

you can download i686 Isos here:
http://www.archlinux.org/~tpowa/rc-iso/686
you can download x86_64 Isos here:
http://www.archlinux.org/~tpowa/rc-iso/x86_64

About memory usage:
It's a pacman bug that it increased to 256MB and 96MB so don't blame me on
it ;)
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8155

We should really replace our current Isos with them soon,
the old ones are all a bit bugged and ftp is broken on them anyway.
so removing old isos from server and place those ones instead is highly
recommenden from my side.
Your thoughts on it?

have fun in testing and report issues immediatly,
thanks
greetings
tpowa

--