[arch-dev-public] 2007.10 ISO release on saturday 6th october?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Oct 4 09:13:20 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2007 13:17:10 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> I am clearly against releasing this Saturday. We should wait for 2.6.23
> with the next release, as it is going to be there really soon. My guess
> is we could release 2007.10 with Linux 2.6.23 on October 13th or 20th.
>
> Releasing now and then again two weeks later will only confuse people.

Imho we should test this iso and release it asap. There is no technical reason
to hold this back. Keep in mind that we don't have a working iso at the
moment. In this case we should not wait another month for just including a
newer version of the kernel.

Of course, our plan was to release a new iso whenever a new kernel version is
out. But I would prefer working isos than not confusing people by a lot of
releases.

Pierre

--
archlinux.de