[arch-dev-public] 2007.10 ISO release on saturday 6th october?

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 12:41:33 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2007 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On 10/4/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As for codename - we already had Voodoo and Don't panic! (which were
> > pretty non-standard type of codenames) let's have Hardcore now. :-D
>
> Oddly appropriate as it relates to the 'core' repo - I'm fine with it
> if other people are.

New release name means package changes on ISO, it needs half a day to do this
+ testing again. (imho it's not worth the time for just a number and a name)
Filename renaming isn't a big deal though and can be done easily

Decide what to do, i know they work at least for me and some others.
Please do the changes on ftp that it fits to the needs we have, announce it
when you think the time is right.
i'll not touch it.

For those who don't know how to test isos:
1. Burn and boot
or
2. run emulators like qemu or vmware (keep RAM usage in mind!)
3. extract kernel and initrd from ISO and mount ISO into booted environment
    install to external hardrives etc., test programs you think that are
    usefull etc.

greetings
tpowa
--