[arch-dev-public] Status Report 2007-10-08

Tue Oct 9 03:38:57 EDT 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> * Package and Orphan Cleanup
> Our list has grown, so thanks for all who've adjusted things here.
> https://www.archlinux.org/wiki/Repo%20Cleanup/
> I'm not a fan of these "all orphans in XYZ" items though. Umbrella
> clauses such as this usually don't work too well - I'd prefer full
> definitions.

Me too.

> Could someone fill those items in appropriately?

I started to add a few items.

I intend to go through the list of all orphaned packages in extra and make
2 lists out of it: one list with all the packages that are (make)depends
of packages owned by a dev and that needs to be adopted, and the other
list of packages that can potentially be removed. I believe it will help
speeding up the adoption/assignment process and will make the cleanup
process easier as we'll be able to focus on a smaller package set. It'll
probably be done later this week or next week-end.  I'll post the 2 lists
on the wiki when I'll be done.