[arch-dev-public] where to put unstable/testing packages?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:46:11 EDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> I've built my first pkg for unstable repo. It is built against testing
> packages.
>
> So do I put it into testing first and move it later to unstable or
> directly to unstable?

If this is for the unstable repo, you don't have to go through the
testing steps. I only want to enforce that for the [core] repo.

But if you personally want to do this for all your packages, I always
do these things the same way Jan did the gnome packages in testing -
build against core/extra and then push to testing.

This doesn't work all the time, especially if we're talking so-name
changes and things. So I guess it depends on the deps on the package
itself.